Sous Vide Sous Vide - New Sub Forum

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cubans!

Do we get to have a 500 post discussion on why sous vide is the wrong name for sous vide?

Love the idea. Using sous vide has really upped my game and is just plain fun for me.

Now I really have to go look for my vac sealer in one of my storage boxes... Looking forward to the ideas in this sub forum,

Stefan

Maybe I'll have to reconsider selling my setup. And cookbooks. And chemicals.

Last edited:
Well, I wanted sodium citrate for Mac and cheese, but when I went to Willpowder they just had a spherification kit. So I have tapioca maltodextren, ultradex 8 modified tapioca starch, sodium alginate, calcium chloride, a syringe, and a spoon! I've used all the sodium citrate--the Mac and cheese is super.

Well, I wanted sodium citrate for Mac and cheese, but when I went to Willpowder they just had a spherification kit. So I have tapioca maltodextren, ultradex 8 modified tapioca starch, sodium alginate, calcium chloride, a syringe, and a spoon! I've used all the sodium citrate--the Mac and cheese is super.
I have much to learn. Only thing I understood was mac and cheese

Just saw an episode of the Simpsons where the Itchy and Scratchy cartoon featured sous vide intestines and deconstructed eyeballs. Made me think of all of you!

Oops. Forgot the syringe and spoon. At least I hope I understand what they are. I am likely wrong.

They give you a spoon, syringe, and bags of white powders? Some modernist cooks need to consider a 12-step program...

My drawer full of syringes is labeled "For culinary use only: no junkies allowed!"

Withdrawal from Mac and cheese is very difficult.

Back