A token of my gratitude

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As some of you probably have noticed, I have been really active lately on the forum asking a lot of questions. I really feel that the answers and the knowledge I have received here saved me a lot of time/money but MOST OF ALL fueled my passion for knives. I have stumbled upon the giveaway section of the forum and was really amazed and touched by the generosity of some of you guys. However I am not in a position to give back to our community in the same way.

Anyways..... Since I really want to give back here are some areas (not knives related) in which I believe I am somewhat knowledgable.

-Music: I studied music for a good portion of my life. I played electric and upright bass in tons of jazz bands and ensembles. So if any of you guys have questions regarding gear, music theory, or if you just need some music suggestions I will be more than happy to help you.

-French translation: As some of you might have noticed by the way I write, english is not my first language. However living in Montreal you get to a point where you get quite fluent in english. So if you guys need to have something translated PM me!!!

-Cheese: Despite being a full time student, I work part time in a cheese shop some for any questions regarding cheeses I'M YOUR GUY!

-Whisky: I am somewhat knowledgeable on scotch whisky, Irish wiskey and american bourbon. So once again I will gladly help with any questions or concerns any of you might have!

We're happy to have you here Larry. This forum has been a positive influence in my life and I have made some incredible friendships over the years.
The guys(and girls) here have been very supportive of me and have helped to get me through some tough times.

Montreal is one of my favorite cities. Go have a dieu de ciel pint for me. ;)

Hi Larry, thanks for offering.

On a recent trip to the US I picked up a bottle of Wild turkey rare breed bourbon at the duty free. I'm not a big drinker so I have no clue on how to drink it. So my question to you is whats the best way to enjoy this bourbon?

Mike, you have great taste. It's a little rough but lots of flavor, spicy notes, lots of rye flavor. Drink it over a single rock in a small wide glass. I wouldn't add any water. The single ice cube will dilute and slightly cool the bourbon as it melts softening the initial heat. Good stuff

Most important thing is: try stuff!! Experiment! In my opinion there shouldn't be any SET RULES regarding food/drinks. I can of course give you my recommendation but to experiment and do what feels and tastes right for you!!!!

Depending on the ABV, I usually add water if it's higher than 90 proof. But ice cube is great too! (as long as you respect the ration of 1 cube for 1 part spirit!!!) This is just my recommendation..... You should also avoid drinking fine liquor out off tumbler glasses.... A wine glass will concentrate the aromas and give you a the full spectrum of flavours!

Will do!!! Dieu du ciel is one of my favorite spots in MTL!

Thanks Larry and Dennis, I have been drinking it out of a coffee cup, neat haha. Will try a wine glass next time.

What feels right to me is to cook with it! I put it in my chilli right before serving, the warm vanilla notes gives some complexity to the sweet/smoky side of the chilli.

Thanks Larry and Dennis, I have been drinking it out of a coffee cup, neat haha. Will try a wine glass next time.

What feels right to me is to cook with it! I put it in my chilli right before serving, the warm vanilla notes gives some complexity to the sweet/smoky side of the chilli.

Definitely will be trying that!!!

Back