Quantcast
Shun Electric Wet Sharpener - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shun Electric Wet Sharpener

Someone on this forum turned me on to using splash & goes for touch ups. Nothing could be easier.

It is true most people will never learn freehand, not because it is hard, just no exposure. At the Japanese cultural center here, a sharpener from Japan came to give Demo. He did not speak English so had a translator. They had put out flyers that's how I found out it was standing room only they were surprised by the turn out.

I push freehand on this forum to any who will listen, cuz I believe hands down it is easy once learned and the best way to sharpen a kitchen knife. Dealing with all those contraptions is way harder & many don't work well or take too much steel off the knife.

My classes are picking up more culinary students every semester. They come in on their break for one on one instruction, have turned out quite a few competent sharpeners. Plus they will teach others I already see it happening at the school.

Maybe per cap Hawaii will have 0.2% freehanders

You're doing the good works Keith! I evangelize on deaf ears.

So Dave, when will we see that and that super duper de burring block on your site? LOL
    Wonder what the grit is on the stone they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mingooch View Post
    So Dave, when will we see that and that super duper de burring block on your site? LOL
    Wonder what the grit is on the stone they use?

Yeah I was just doing some market research here. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Will make a nice combo with Bruce's Doi Hayate knives

Stefan
    LOLOL