210 Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
I would like to do a passaround with this 210mm gyuto in AEB-L. I'm looking for 7 people. Please read the rules. If you intend to follow them, please email me at: [email protected] to participate. I'll have a list out later this week.
Thanks! :)

Rules:
- Must be a member with KKF, good standing, min of 50 posts.

- You may sharpen the knife if you know what you are doing.

- Post a photo here when you get the knife and post here when you ship the knife.

- Use it for a week or less and PM the next person for shipping address.

- Insure the package for $300

- It would be great if each user could give some impressions in this thread, but I'll leave that up to you.

qg9Urhll.jpg

If it is crossing into Canada I'd love to give your knives a try.

I really want in on this passaround because I am dying to try a Haburn, however I don't think I could really put the knife through its paces with my current living situation. I'd would feel bad taking a slot and not really using the knife or being able to provide constructive feedback to Ian.

I'd love to play with one of your knives! Count me in

Thanks everyone for the interest. Here is the Pass around list:

Pensecola Tiger
DaveB
Ramen Legend
Mucho Bucho
Lexington Jim
Samuelpeter
Cheflarge

The was sent out yesterday to Pensacola Tiger. Have fun!

It went through a shift today, I freshened up the edge and going to give her a work out :) I am extremely impressed with the fit and finish, I will give you my thoughts on the steel after a few days.

Thank you, Pensacola Tiger. Objective advice as always. :)
It's my fault for suggesting that feedback be given in this thread, but PT is correct. If you would like to share any FB with me, please shoot me an email at: [email protected]
Thanks!

I've sent Ian my longer, unedited, much more boring review of this knife. Below is the "Readers Digest" version.

F/F was very good, the hand finish on the blade, rounded spine, the handle (love the green) all made for a blemish free, very good looking knife.

The knife was comfortable to use and easily dispatched a produce basket of zukes, bell peppers, onions, scallions and carrots. The tip was quite thin and nimble while dicing. The blade was very precise when push cutting.

I took it to my hobby job and in the commercial kitchen it acquitted itself well with all manner of slicing, quick chop, dicing and other "I need it now" tasks. I shared it with a couple of visiting chefs, they both liked it and one noting the very nice appearance (he called it effing cool) and 210 length said "this would be a perfect Christmas present for my wife".

I look forward to more of Ian's work and having one at my house soon.

Lousy Picture - Nice Dice

Haburn%20vs%20Red%20Bell%20Lousy%20Picture%20Nice%20Dice.jpg

Onions 3 Ways

Haburn%20Onion%203%20Ways.jpg

this bad boy is on its way to mucho bucho and from what I can see, still in like new condition. I send Ian my write up in the next day or so. Thanks again!

Back