Quantcast
Zanzibar cafe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zanzibar cafe

Zanzibar cafe

Well today I had one of the best meals cooked by a forum member. Now excuse the bad photos as I was too busy stuffing my face.

First course

Oysters chilled pickled ginger and warm wakame/lemon

Perfect balance between sweet salty and creamy. I normally prefer Pacific oysters but this complemented and enhanced the Sydney rock oysters beautifully.

Cured yellowfin tuna with beetroot and creme fraiche.

Let's just say that my wife started eating before I could get the chance to take photos. The beetroot works wonderfully here. Adds an earthy flavour.

Main

Free range chicken

Need I say anything? I would eat all my peas as a kid if they came like that.

Beef

I have no idea what that floss was but I want more. Complemented the beef nicely. I kept stealing the small shallots out of my wife's plate

Dessert

Was stuffed by this stage so went with a cheese board and a dessert to share.

All I can say is that the chocolate was rich and flavoursum

In summary I had some of the best food I had in a long while. (Since Tetsuya) and I have been to both quay and sepia. I think this give them both a run for their money. Don't want to jinx it dude but I will be expecting good things if you keep this up. Thanks for having us over

I will be following in your footsteps slightly over a year from now... Food looks out of this world...

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Looks pretty yummy ive gotta get down there some time.

Looks great, Rami. And did you meet Le Chef?

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    Looks great, Rami. And did you meet Le Chef?
    He is currently tied up in my car boot. I demand all his knives as ransom.

Seriously, I spent 2.5 hours talking knives with Huw. He came early just to spend time chatting. Time just flew by.

Quote Originally Posted by rami_m View Post
    He is currently tied up in my car boot. I demand all his knives as ransom.

Seriously, I spent 2.5 hours talking knives with Huw. He came early just to spend time chatting. Time just flew by.
    Ah, great! Sounds like a great visit. Zanzibar's food always looks amazing too.

Like with food, I think knife-wise Huw is constantly trying out something new - lord knows how many have been delivered at the back door to the kitchen - and he'
    d definitely be in a position to say a lot about the subject.

That's nice. Did you forget to take back your new Marko's knife?

Still have it. I think.

Let me go check the car.

Thanks for coming down Rami, it was a pleasure to host t you & your wife ( just to let people know, Rami drove nearly 600km to come visit) we had a real knife geek session, and I have plenty of carrots cut ready for stock next week. And I got to check out the Chevron damascus Marko! Beautiful knife.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono