Quantcast
Hobart mixer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hobart mixer

How much would be to much to pay for one of these, there are a few on ebay but they are kinda steep. The old KA's that is.

The old KA's are tough because there is such a demand for them. The price has inflated a lot in just the last 2 years since I've been watching the market. The real sweet spot was already mentioned, and that's a 20 Qt. They often go for about $800. Of course those are heavy as hell, but they are not so big that you need to bolt 'em down. One thing you need to make sure of is that you have the accessories you want included. A paddle can run you up to $100 (used) to replace, so you need to consider that cost initially. Also be aware of your power requirements. One might also check out Globe mixers. You can get a new quality machine with a warranty for little more than a used Hobart, FWIW.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post
    How much would be to much to pay for one of these, there are a few on ebay but they are kinda steep. The old KA's that is.
    On eBay, if you want an old KA for the buy-it-now price they usually go for around $300, but that is a rip off. You can pick up a good one for $100-150 if you wait and are a reasonably good bidder. Without accessories they are a lot cheaper because what wenus2 said: individual accessories are spendy. If you are lucky you can get a good one from $75-100. Before bidding search completed listings in the advanced settings and see what the going price is.

But that 20qt would be very cool. I'd definitely take that size to a auto shop and get it pimped.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

here is a auction we have here in San Diego
    could be worth a trip.http://www.fsesd.com/AUCTION.html
    this one only 5 qt not really worth it if you have a kitchen aid[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

That would be a good pick up. I wonder what it will go for. The last out-of-business restaurant auction I took part in was also online and the prices got pretty crazy. I did, however, pick up a decor item: a lamp for $350 that was originally around $6,000. Sometimes the best items aren't cooking related.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson