Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobart mixer

Hobart mixer

http://www.mixedupjake.com/index.cfm

These are way cool. I'm ready to start digging around restaurant supplies for an old Hobart and trick it out myself.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

You read my mind. I was just thinking about this yesterday, even to the point of looking into training to service Hobarts. There is a good market for the older Kitchen Aids that were made by Hobart too.

I thought this one was cool looking.

Maybe I have been watching too much American Restoration.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Yep, that one is on the site too, and is my favorite. My son and I collect woody wagon replicas, hula dolls, etc, and this one would be pretty darn sweet sitting on my kitchen counter. Maybe with a hula girl riding on top :-)
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

just go to a restaurant going out of business or auction often times if you work at a place that's been around for years they have a old mixer in storage I seen this many times.

I love the P-40 versions!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Tom let me know if you run across a nice cheap hobart you don't need. I am on The lookout myself. Haven't seen that site looks cool.

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post
    Tom let me know if you run across a nice cheap hobart you don't need. I am on The lookout myself. Haven't seen that site looks cool.

Jared
    will do Jared. we need to keep our eyes open on hwy 64 I guess :-)
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

anybody ever paint their mixer?.....i got one in need of a serious paint job.....any advice?....ryan

p.s.-those r soe seriously cool mixers....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Talk to your local body shop guy. A little advice, some tape, paint and a spray gun, and no telling what you come up with. Decals are available, but they're just not kool enough.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post
    Tom let me know if you run across a nice cheap hobart you don't need.
    What exactly would be "cheap" for one of these guys. Seems like even a good deal on one could be a serious chuck o' change.