Best source for a CCK 1303 / 1301 / etc.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchie3719

Reaction score
Hey All,

Looking around for a CCK, and a good source for rehandle... Any of our suggested vendors have a decent price? Can you PM me any good sources? (I'm not sure what the rules on this sort of request are). Also, anyone offering pre-made rehandles for the CCK?

-Dan

I've bought two 1303's from chefsmall. Don't be dissuaded by the dodgy feeling buying process, both transactions were smooth!

Yeah, those shipping fees are high... Ordered a 1303 today... Hope things go well.

The CCK KF 1912 is 72.51 on Chinese chef mall. I bought the exact same cleaver in Chinatown for 51.00 & no shipping.

keith, good on ya man. Unfortunately, the DC Chinatown... is full of white hipsters, I haven't seen a non "ironic" chinese character out there in a while. I've been impressed with Stanley's turnaround time.. the CCK is supposed to arrive to me any day now.

Went with Chefsmall, and Stanley appears to have sent my knife to the wrong customer... I was contacted by both Stanley and the recipient, trying to work things out, Stanley wants me to work with the other guy to ship my knife across the US to me. Not sure if this is some weird scam, or a genuine mistake.

I'm assuming Stanley is the vendor. I don't see how it should be any of your responsibility to get the knife from the other guy. All Stanley has to do is send a prepaid label for the correct address to the other guy.

I've never heard of anyone having any issues with Chefsmall before. It's in Stanley's best interest to get your your knife since you could cancel payment and then he's out the knife payment for it and a potentially more than one future customer. I don't think that it's a scam; more likely a cultural difference. In the US we'd expect the vendor to give you a partial refund, resend your order and allow the original recipient to keep it for free. Perhaps in China vendors expect innocent third parties to inconvenience themselves to fix their mistakes?

Since the recipient went through the trouble of contacting you, they would probably be decent enough to send you the knife, but I would definitely expect Stanley to pay for it.

Update, everything seems to be fixing itself out. No scam. I understand that it's probably a huge pain in the butt to ship back to china and back to me. It's a highly amusing situation, but looks like everything's Kosher.

Back