Quantcast
Carrying knives
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying knives

Carrying knives

How do all the chefs and pros store/ carry there knives at work. I currently have an utilitarian edge knife bag but it has seen better days. I used to use a Kobi kit but it didn't last. I have used a tool box but it was kind if big but very functional so I was wondering what everyone else uses?

This: http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...gid-shell.html

It's the one I currently own, but I've seen the other two models first hand, and they're well worth the investment. No more giant, clunky knife roll, and all of your tools are properly organized. Has a couple nice sized mesh pockets, and can accommodate up to a 300mm with saya(barely). I do wish mine had some exterior pockets for random storage needs(paperwork, smart devices, etc), but the deluxe has said pockets minus the hard shell.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

the softer version of the ultimate edge has outside pockets but you lose the rigidity. i'm thinking of getting another bag myself. lol.

Gave up on the knife/gear bag myself. All I take to work now is three knives and a few small things that all fit in a canvas roll i made. Sure off site caterings the three level tool box comes out... I guess it all depends on what your taking into work and where you keep it while there

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    This: http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...gid-shell.html

It's the one I currently own, but I've seen the other two models first hand, and they're well worth the investment. No more giant, clunky knife roll, and all of your tools are properly organized. Has a couple nice sized mesh pockets, and can accommodate up to a 300mm with saya(barely). I do wish mine had some exterior pockets for random storage needs(paperwork, smart devices, etc), but the deluxe has said pockets minus the hard shell.
    This should work....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I have said it before and I will say it again, Steve Goodson's leather rolls are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JHunter View Post
    Gave up on the knife/gear bag myself. All I take to work now is three knives and a few small things that all fit in a canvas roll i made. Sure off site caterings the three level tool box comes out... I guess it all depends on what your taking into work and where you keep it while there
    Good point. All depends on what you need day to day, and the space available.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Today. Usually two nice ones in the padded case. Removable tray can stay real close. Stuff on the bottom doesn't get used too much but I'm really glad it's there when I need it. Especially the stashed bus/cab money (old habit from the lean days). I hide the toolbox at work when I am lazy and feeling lucky.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Easy to carry and easy to work out of

The knife kit

I have this box for knives and knife related gear only; It goes home with me every night.

I have another big tool box with all kitchen gear that I leave at work, locked of course...

Name:  k4.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  30.3 KBName:  k5.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  33.8 KBName:  k3.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  25.9 KBName:  k2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  26.1 KBName:  k1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  25.3 KB
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com