Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ideas for first 240 Gyuto upgrade.

really? do they make meat hammers with c4 in the head, too??

Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    Har har har.

It's a generic term for a knife with a very thin geometry, Usually it's applied to knives that are thin from spine all the way to the edge. Sometimes you'll hear someone talk about a knife being thick but laseresque, which simply implies that due to the geometry of the knife it cuts like it's thinner than it actually is. This usually refers to knives with some kind of convex grind.
    Well, I guess it could be considered that as well..........................
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Hah. I just had an image of Dr. Evil in my head - "All I wanted was some frickin' gee-ew-toes with frickin lazerbeams attached to them, ok!"

Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    Har har har.

It's a generic term for a knife with a very thin geometry, Usually it's applied to knives that are thin from spine all the way to the edge. Sometimes you'll hear someone talk about a knife being thick but laseresque, which simply implies that due to the geometry of the knife it cuts like it's thinner than it actually is. This usually refers to knives with some kind of convex grind.
    or a knife with an extreme taper.