My latest knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
I think that I will call this one done. I have a DBA called RCArtmetal, so I carved RC onto one side of the blade. I think I will do this in the future, and leave off the S. I'll probably do something different with the pin as well.
The handle is curly maple, and I think I will give up on the Nelsonite, it does not seem to give the result that I was hoping for.

PICT0029.JPG

PICT0030.JPG

NICE WORK whats the length.

Nice work, Spike!
O1, right? I'd love to see the "choil shot".

Thanks, Lefty! Yes, it's O1, and I can probably do a couple other angled shots!

Sure is purdy! Let's see that bolster. Up close and personal!

Thanks, Dave! The choil really makes this one comfortable in the hand.

The ebony handled one is a full flat, and I wanted to see what difference a convex grind would make, so I did that. I'm not sure if there is significant difference in food stickage, though. I need to do a cutting spurt it evaluate better.

Turned out really nice.
Thank you for posting the photo.

I like the pattern on the blade.
Mustard?

Hell yeah Spike! That is awesome! I agree...More pics :D Looks nice!

The grind is thicker at the choil because I was trying to make the heel stouter for chopping, while it is thinner as it goes up the blade.

PICT0470.JPG

PICT0471.JPG

It's really not as thick as the picture looks.

It looks like a really nicely done grind from the pics. Trust me, if you think that looks thick, you don't want to see what I've been playing with the past couple of days! Sorry, but I'm not saying what...just trust me, that's not thick!
Oh and the one I'm playing with isn't from anyone here, so don't worry about that!
Looks really good Spike!

Here is a shot of the choil of knife #3, with the ebony handle:

PICT0473.JPG

This one is pretty thin!

Back