Food from ONE11

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellminded1

Reaction score
Haven't really done this much but after the great feedback on the article I posted here are some pics of the food. Questions welcome. All photos from my phone so excise the quality.

Clean shot of the tartare, PEI Beef, puffed rice, egg yolk emulsion,radish, garlic chips, sprout.
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1406899714.766420.jpg

Sweetbreads quite imaginative; don't recall seeing anything like that before. I love sweetbreads but always savored what I regarded as their delicate flavor, so quite curious how they would taste as prepared by you.

Tasting menu dessert, lemon marscapone , lemon balm sponge, poached rhubarb, poppy seed meringue, ginger rhubarb gel

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1406900007.244483.jpg

To anyone who says dry aging this long does not make a difference have not tasted beef like this. 270 day dry aged Oakleigh Ranch wagyu. Amazing.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1406900281.382766.jpg

how much does that go for? can I work for you LOL

that looks awesome, some nice looking fat in there as well, I wish I could get out of the US, it just sucks plain and simple, if I hadn't found a good job I don't know what I would be doing, I work here right now www.blendonmain.com, and it is a pretty sweet gig.

Sweetbreads quite imaginative; don't recall seeing anything like that before. I love sweetbreads but always savored what I regarded as their delicate flavor, so quite curious how they would taste as prepared by you.

I like to have some fun, so the sweetbreads are soaked in milk, poached,cleaned and pressed and then treated like a chicken nugget and deep fried in our beef fat deep fyrer. If you do not want sauce just don't wipe it off of the plate, as it can be a little over powering . But I find it is a dish that does get people to try sweetbreads for the first time.

beef fat fryer? what kind of beef fat?

We have an excessive amount of trim as you can imagine, we render the beef fat as you would duck fat. Mix it half/half with a de odorized tallow to help shelf life and stinkiness and boom, best fries ever.

Last one before work, myself and the crew sporting our new custom aprons made by a local maker.
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1406902165.125674.jpg

I totally have a beef boner after seeing that!!!!!! Aaaaaaarrrgghhh!
That is a beautiful dry aged awesomeness

I'll have a 24 ounce, put it on my tab :) That is some seriously amazing looking beef. I bet it tastes great without any seasoning.

Great idea with the sweetbreads I've done then general tao to get people to eat them

That rib is so marbled, it's scary! Love the use of lemon balm. Everything looks outrageous Chef.

"Strawberry shortcake" fermented wild and local strawberry , lavender, biscuit crumble, rose oil, fresh berries. The fermenting adds a depth like you wouldn't believe.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1407010187.002977.jpg

Care to share the recipe for that shortcake? Obviously we will have different results using different fruit but the concept looks good.

Lacto ferment the fruit, 2% salt by weight and vac pac for 72 hours. Open and taste, sweeten if desired, then your traditional shortcake garnishes or your play on them.

Back