New Product - Leather Strops with Wood Bases and Leather Pads w/magnetic backing for DMT

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of adding these two to my line of products. Is there an interest?

I would make them either on wood blocks (walnut, maple, lacewood, etc) or with magnetic backing to be used on DMT plates.

I am going to use high quality tool leather split to even thickness.

Leather strops can be used with diamond spray or with aluminum oxide paste.

Price-wise they will be priced comparable to my felt strops - about $55 for a fixed and $20 the pad with a magnetic backing. I will also offer some package deal.

Thanks,

Marko

I stack my magnetic backed leather strops back to back so they curl less. Might want to sell then in pairs Marko. How soon?

Sounds pretty cool. I would be interested in a magbacked strop probably...but I'd like to sort the other issues out first.

There will be two types of leather strops - one affixed to a wooden base and one with a magnetic backing to be used with DMT plates. The latter can be made to size. I use 11.5"x2.5" plates, but some folks might use 8"x3" or 10"x3"

Problems with your e mail Marko. Reach out to me when you can, thanks.

Leather and Felt strop bases. Oil finish.

IMG_0848.jpg

These are 11.5 x3" and will be offered with felt or 4oz leather. Also, felt and leather pads with magnetic lining will also be available.

Stay tuned.

Marko

Will the leather be replaceable?

Yes, leather and felt for that matter. You can send it back to me, or you can do it yourself. I will provide instructions. I will also do pads with magnetic lining to be used with DMT plates. The ones I offer are 11.5x2.5", but I can make them to any custom size.

I think complimentary strops and strops for sale (leather and felt) will be available toward the end of the next week and will ship shortly thereafter.

With these, my last knife sale can be officially close (discounted sayas are already made).

Thanks,

Marko

Leather pads with magnetic backing are available in 11.5x2.5 size (for DMT plates). $20 shipped (USPS First Class with tracking). Other sizes are available upon request. Wooden base leather strops are coming soon.

IMG_20150227_124938199.jpg

Thanks,

Marko

Tried to buy one. Your store wouldn't let me. Got error to effect "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" at checkout.

Tried to buy one. Your store wouldn't let me. Got error to effect "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" at checkout.

Please send me a PM and I will send you an invoice.

Thank you.

I take it the ones mounted to bases should be coming out soon? More interested in those....

11.5x2.5" leather strops with magnetic backing $20 shipped in Continental US.

I have several of these in stock, for 11.5x2.5" DMT plates. These can be used with diamond or aluminum oxide and other abrasives slurries. 8x3" will be available soon.

DSC_1186.JPG

Mahogany base leather strop 11.5x3" - $65 shipped in ConUs

DSC_1187.JPG

Highly figured South-East Asian wood (don't know the name) - $75 shipped in ConUS
I got this board in a trade and don't know what it is, except it is oily, very dense, heavy wood, with flamy figure. Incredible looking. I only have 6 bases in this wood.

DSC_1189.JPG

DSC_1188.JPG

4 oz 1M diamond spray ($18.95 if added to the order, or $22.95 if purchased by itself, shipping included) is available as well.

11.5x2.5" felt pad with magnetic backing is also available at $20 shipped withing ConUs

Please send me an email I will follow with an invoice.

Thank you,

Marko

Thank you.

Back