Quantcast
sharp knives and my fingers - the family edition. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sharp knives and my fingers - the family edition.

i was peeling shallots once, using a paring knife, dropped the shallot and went after it immediately (kinda in a rush), and i guess i forgot i had a knife in my hand cause the next thing i know blood squirted out of the side of my finger, on to the ceiling, and hit the end of a prep table six feet away. didnt feel a thing. i was sent to the hospital, no stitches at all. the doctor said it hit an arteriole or something, which must've closed right quick. he said i was lucky it was sharp, or there would've been more blood. a couple days later it was fully healed. i got a nice nike swwosh on my index finger as a souvenir. sharp knives cut deep, but heal wicked quick.

Its definitely heeled up nicely! now I actually just have stitches closing a cut that doesn't exist. I should go get them taken out.

Its very true: what doesn't kill you hurts like a b*tch. I'd rather be cut by a sharp knife then a dull knife. It can cut you deep but you will hardly feel it!

Why would you go somewhere to get the stitches out? You have a knife, don't you?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Why would you go somewhere to get the stitches out? You have a knife, don't you?
    +1