Thread: Website feeback, please

Website feeback, please

Hi everyone,

I had completely neglected my website, mostly because I play around on the forums and people know where to find me, but more and more people outside the forums also seem to come across pictures or the website. So, I wanted to have it updated a little bit. Fortunately, I found someone who accepts handles as payment to support me on the technical side

The current version is already active, but still a work in progress:

www.japanesehandles.com

I know there is a glitch with the contact formular (doesn't work right now); I have to figure out the shopping cart system, and more pictures will be added to the gallery. I was wondering if you have any suggestions, wishes, criticisms etc? I don't have the time to maintain and constantly update an all-compassing compendium about handles, and I don't plan to replicate the excellent info that others have put together (like Jon on his website) but I want the essential information here, if possible, and relevant links to the things that are connected.

So, any suggestions? Much appreciated, thanks!

Stefan

Stefan, I think you're off to a great start. Once you have the shopping cart functional I think you're all set other than some tweaking here and there which is always necessary.
    Best of luck.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Looks good indeed. I find particularly interesting the "User Showcase" section - serves as great inspiration! But be sure that you get some sort of copyright agreement.

I like it.., I like it a lot, specially the gallery and well... The handles are beautiful....

If I may... I would put a table or some sort of a way for customers to quicky find out prices using certain materials and such... Say..... A wa with, ironwood and cooper bolster is this much, ok, but how about if instead of copper its nickel... Well then its this much....

But I had no trouble navigating it and the pictures are spectacular... Good job!
    Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

One immediate comment after just visiting your website (maybe followed up by more later): I strongly suggest that you remove personal customer information (i.e., at a minimum, names and email addresses) from public access.

Thank you for the comments so far, I will look into this. Pricing is a bit on a case to case basis because of the variations in material costs but I agree that something like a table would be nice. The 'user showcase' pictures had all been actively submitted by the owners to be shown in my handle gallery which I interpret as implicit agreement as long as I do not use them for anything else (which I have no intention to do). With the personal information I assume you are referring to the order / work progress list? I had originally intended to keep two lists, one with the personal information for myself and one without these columns visible, I guess laziness has gotten the better part of me there and I will work on that issue.

Anything else? Very helpful so far, thanks again!

Stefan

P.S. I cleared space in my mailbox in case you want to PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    . . . . With the personal information I assume you are referring to the order / work progress list? . . . .
    Yes

o.k., contact info removed from the work list. I still want it available so people can see any progress, but I will not display personal info there, assuming people will recognize their order (or ask me what number is theirs...). Will work on everything else later.

Stefan

Looks nice, glad to see a few of my blades in there.