Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Long?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    I sent these two to EE on consignment as soon as I get pictures I'll post them.
    saw them yesterday at Epic. Edge beautiful like all of your knives but WOW they are huge! I could them used for big breakdown jobs but I dont think my countertop cutting boards are near big enough.

I love the santoku I got from you at the Boise show. It is my go to knife and amazing how it holds an edge.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike H; 07-08-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling

I might use a suji that length but that's about it, lol. I once used a 300 mm/12" honyaki gyuto. That was enough beastliness for me!

a 13.5" scimitar seems like it would be good for portioning strip steaks, etc. We're hoping to do a bit of that in the future for big dinner, etc. I can't imagine trying to use one that is much shorter then that (although I can't say that I've used any up to this point).

I thought I heard someone say "13.5 scimitar"? Ah, it's not on their website, at least currently. Ah, oh, ah, ummm...........

pretty sure that means Salty wants...

I would use a knife like that for a lot of things. It is definitely too big to be an everyday knife though, at least in a professional kitchen. It would probably be awesome for prep(I used to rock a 12" Sabatier a long time ago) but be too bulky for a service knife.

Can't wait to eventually see pics of these.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    should have pics up in a week or so. Mike glad you like the santoku. I am doing the Boise show Hope to see some new faces there this year. Moving the show up two weeks should make the weather better.

Here is a quick dirty snapshot. I will take better photos next week.

HOLY S*$#

Hmmm, Hard to tell from the photos. Something is ??????????????

You know Bill you should always give the bro's here 1st dibs on your knives EE marks up to much, and they are D!CK$ to deal with. They held my money for a knife ( full price, 1200.00) for almost two years then when the knife came in they told me it would be 800.00 more as the yen has changed in the past few years, I have bought 1000's of $$ worth of knives over the years from them, never again, to boot when I told them it was not fair for them to mark up a knife I already payed for they gave me a lot of adatude, exact quote
    we understand if you can't afford the knife, we will have no trouble finding someone else to buy it
    Rant over,love the scimitar, and it's not to big, more of a curve might be nice but hard to tell from the pick.
    Yup should give us boys here 1st shot before you farm them out, we all love your work here.