• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa Kasumi 220mm sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigert

Reaction score
Bought this here on BST recently, believing it was a 250mm suji. Turns out it was more like 220mm.
I believe the seller honestly thought it was 250 since he hadn't used it but it seems he has some problem returning my messages...
Doesn't really matter why, since I decided it's probably easier to sell it myself.

The knife had a small bend on the tip and some dots on the blade and some minor scratches on the handle. Nothing I would've moaned about if it was the knife I was looking for.
But I fixed up the blade, maybe not a 100% but the bend is gone and I refinished it as much as I dared to. :)
I let the handle be since it didn't bother me.

specs:
217mm
37mm tall at the heel

The box is included but it was a tiny bit too small(might be the cause of the bent tip) so I tore it a bit for some more room.

I paid $495 total and was hoping maybe I could get back most of it.
So I'm asking $475 including shipping.
Let me know if you want more info or pics!

tip

choil

maybe the mis understanding comes from the way that yanagi / suji are measured?

usually for yanagi (or anything that has a machi) it measures tip to the machi
size1.jpg

if there is no machi, then it measures from tip to the heel.
size2.jpg

Thanks, pk. Still it's 230 with the emoto. But it's kind of basic to ask these questions before you buy something so I blame myself.

Spine at heel: 3,2mm
Spine middle: 2,0mm
Spine 1cm from tip: 0,9mm

Weighs 142 grams, D-handle.

Sold. Glad I can leave this thing behind me. Thanks Erik!

Back