• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wtb thin carbon 240mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masibu

Reaction score
Hey, kinda interested in picking up a thin laserish gyuto (in the realm of ~1mm thick at the heel 1cm from the edge or even thinner). Sakai yusuke and konosuke spring to mind or possibly a thinned out masamoto ks. I'm looking mainly at white carbon steel although I am open to other varieties of carbon steel. I would also consider cladded blades so long as the edges are thin enough that I don't have to go to town thinning the knife out (I really cbf with another project knife atm). I'm hoping to spend no more than $250 but can stretch my budget for something worthwhile. Im hoping this knife gets a fair bit of use and my only real consideration is something that gets sharp and relatively easily. I don't care about edge retention so much as I have no issues touching up (I enjoy sharpening just a little too much anyway).

Cheers.

Masibu... I cannot recommend the Gesshin Ginga line enough. Take a look at Jon's shop.

I love my Ginga. How bout kochi as well?

Ginga would be great and I have also looked at Kochi. Shipping to Australia isn't really attractive though

From Japan? - Yusuke

I've always liked the look of Ikkanshi Tadatsuna as well.

Ginga would be great and I have also looked at Kochi. Shipping to Australia isn't really attractive though

I can send you my Kochi if you want to play with it , although it is not a laser , it is quite thin behind the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Latest posts

Back