Quantcast
I am an idiot in stitches
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am an idiot in stitches

I am an idiot in stitches

I feel so ashamed. I was cleaning my knife at work and scrubbed forward and the tip hit my palm really good. We all make mistakes but this one is really dumb and I feel like such an ass. With no insurance I had to use the bosses comp insurance. It breaks my heart knowing it's going to cost but I can't do much.

The moral of the story is don't scrub like a moron. A single lapse in good judgement can be a danger to yourself and others. I don't ask for sympathy but please remember to be more careful than I was tonight.

I know how you feel but we all do things that afterwards are hard to explain why we did them that way the way we did. I hope your hand will heel soon.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    This thread is useless without pics!
    AKA Pics or it didn't happen!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Sorry to hear. Good luck with quick healing. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a professional chef who has never had a significant knife injury -- but that's scant comfort.

I always seem to cut myself at the most inopportune times, if it does happen, I do feel like such an idiot that I did cut myself, I feel like a rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    I know how you feel but we all do things that afterwards are hard to explain why we did them that way the way we did. I hope your hand will heel soon.
    That's for sure. When I got my first car at 21 (1970 Opel Manta) I wondered how fast it could go, so on a really foggy night on a country 2 lane highway I got it up to 90 mph, thinking that in the pea soup thick fog no one could see me speeding. That couldn't have ended badly at all.

Heal up quickly.

Raise your hand if you've never ever cut yourself while cooking or sharpening... well... I thought so. Like Chris said, pix?

+1 on the pics!

When I clean my knives I only scrub from heel to tip (and spine to edge), then lift up and come back....much harder to have a owie that way.

I guess the means I'm edge-trailing for cleaning!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Another day, another band-aid.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack View Post
    That's for sure. When I got my first car at 21 (1970 Opel Manta) I wondered how fast it could go, so on a really foggy night on a country 2 lane highway I got it up to 90 mph, thinking that in the pea soup thick fog no one could see me speeding. That couldn't have ended badly at all.

Heal up quickly.
    I am glad you did not have more money at the time. Think how things could have ended with something like Corvette.