Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am an idiot in stitches

Stabbed finger to the bone on paring knife while scrubbing clean with a brush, dumb.accidents just happen..
    I've even stabbed myself in the knee cap while kneeling down to grab a steel out of knife roll and used it in same position instead.of standing.

Ouch

Mandolins are thirsty.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Thank God for Bacitracin, brown paper and electrical tape.

The boss called and said I could come back to work ten minutes ago He also scared the crap out of me. He said don't bring your knives. I said "okay." I mean I was sad. Then he said "bring them but be more careful." I mean I can tell you all if I had to use his stamped steel dexters that the dull rolled edges would have me back in stitches in days.

those stamped dexters can still get really sharp, just need to thin the hell out of them with very aggressive extra coarse stones. i only take it to 600 grit.

Panda are you telling me I wasted good money on fancy Gyutos?

hell no, it's so much nicer using a quality knife, but to keep things in perspective sharpening/thinning ability is the most important part.

That didn't answer my question Do you think a thinned Dexter could outperform a carbon gyuto or cheap Tojiro VG10...I did notice Tojiro has made some low cost high carbon stainless knives. I wonder if the blade is thinner.