Greetings from So Ca

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOCA

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and looking forward to learning more about kitchen knives. I am currently looking to purchase a gift for two friends recently married both avid cooks with an incredible kitchen. I was initially looking at the Shun's Reserve Knife set, but have recently discovered Lamson and Goodnow knives. Any thoughts on a good set and/or any other brands I might explore? Thank you in advance.

Without knowing their cooking style, their current knives and sharpening skills, it's tough. Outside this forum , the knives you mention are fairly well regarded. Not so much here. High quality knives generally need more care and require a bit of a commitment . Check out forum members Epicurian Edge , Jon Broida and Korin to get an idea of what's available at different price levels.

Without knowing their cooking style, their current knives and sharpening skills, it's tough. Outside this forum , the knives you mention are fairly well regarded. Not so much here. High quality knives generally need more care and require a bit of a commitment . Check out forum members Epicurian Edge , Jon Broida and Korin to get an idea of what's available at different price levels.

Thank you for your response. I will check them out.

Welcome aboard! Jon at KJI is a very good guy to deal with.

Welcome to KKF! What part of SoCal are you from? We are stationed out at Edwards AFB :)

Welcome. There's a "New Knife Questionnaire" that you can fill out with your friends info - as much as you know - that will get you something of a tailored response. Of course contacting Jon at JKI is never bad advice.

E, Thats the first time you've put a smiley face next to Edwards. (May be first time anyone has...):groucho:

Latest posts

Back