• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS/WTT:Stainless clad Watanabe with Mike Henry handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasedbullet

Reaction score
I want to trade or sell my 180mm Watanabe gyuto. It is stainless clad blue #2 and is my favorite steel/heat treat combo to date. It is pretty beat up, but it is all superficial and can easily be fixed with a little sand paper. It still gets super sharp and cuts very well with great food release. I am selling it because I am looking for something that is thinner at the middle of the blade. This also has a Mike Henry handle on it. I have been told it is his first handle for a customer. It is dyed green bone ferrule, ironwood spacer and buffalo horn body. The stainless clad Watanabe 180 gyutos are $190 new including a wait time and they make a very limited number per month.

I really like this knife so lets get this over with quickly. Asking for $190 including the custom saya and Mike Henry handle shipped CONUS. Or a trade (I am willing to add some money to sweeten the deal).

For trade I am looking for a smaller knife with knuckle clearance. A Harner mini-gyuto would be perfect and I would be willing to add cash to sweeten the pot. I will also consider any gyuto, funayuki, or tall petty 180mm-165mm.

Thanks for your time.
20140810_183633_resized.jpg
20140810_183650_resized.jpg
20140810_183654_resized.jpg
20140810_183709_resized.jpg
20140810_184023_resized.jpg

Back