• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kintaroame Yanagiba w/ custom handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
Testing the waters with this one. A very nice 300mm Watanabe kintaroame blue yanagiba with saya and a custom handle by Stefan. Polished face. The handle fits it well, and is not too small unlike many handles that come with these knives. It is made of african blackwood with blue boxelder spacers.
Been used a few times, but I have been going for longer sashimi knives in the last year or so. Needs to be used more than I do.

This is a special knife I got years ago, before the yen to dollar explosion and several steel price increases. Now the knife would be about $1000 without the handle.

$750 shipped CONUS

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

yanagihandle.jpg

yanagikintaroame-1.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

Very few knives stick out in my mind as memorable but this is one of them. I not only recall doing the rehandle on this but also remember taking pictures of the blade (not the handle) when I had it in for the work. The knife is drop dead gorgeous, definitely one of the finer examples of Watanabe's work that I've seen. Of course Stefan's handle would be no slouch either it's just that this blade is spectacular. Nathan, wasn't it like 4+ years ago I saw this?

I keep coming back to look at it myself - and really for the blade ;) It's gorgeous, I wish I had a budget for something in this range.

Stefan

That handle is really elegant, as well!

It looks pretty good still, I'm guessing that you keep good care of your knives.

Ya, since I don't work in a restaurant, I dry them like constantly with use, and oil them every day if I use them and they are carbon steel.

Congratulation to the buyer. I don't think I can ever sell mine with the Stefan handle.

A little sad, the bottom line is this knife needs to be used more.

Back