• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Itinomonn 240mm western gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
This gyuto has a brown mallee handle. It had some shrinkage when I got it new. I have kept it well oiled. It was a bit thick, and has been thinned some; I also eased the belly a touch. It shows a few thinning scratches here and there. It comes with a nice saya. There is a hairline crack by the pin hole that I did the first time I stuck the pin in. It's barely noticeable, and hasn't worsened at all with use. I paid $325 from Maxim, plus custom fees of $16. Asking $275 shipped conus, saya included. I will upload pics momentarily....

it3.jpgit1.jpgit2.jpg

Its the yellow saya.....
It's stainless clad V2 steel.
It's a big knife, but nice behind the edge.

Congrats. Nice purchase Larry.

Thanks much. Very first decent knife I purchased was from NO ChoP!.

Now I really need to finally take the plunge, watching all the relevant sharpening videos one more time, reading a few more sharpening-related threads, and ceasing to be afraid of using the stones I purchased months ago (at least on some old carbon knives I purchased to learn on; wouldn't dream of starting with the Itinomonn, even if it weren't being sent super sharp.).

Larry, you're building up a nice little collection!

Larry, you're building up a nice little collection!

Tom, Thanks; didn't think you would notice. :wink: The second and third good knives I ever bought -- the first (Kono with Henry handle) came, coincidentally, from No ChoP! -- were from you (and I haven't forgotten that you asked for right of first refusal if I ever resold the Misono). I have quickly grown to understand why so many refer to this as an obsession, etc. However, regardless of how common that affliction is, I'm still more than a little guilty about it, because (1) I have not yet begun to practice sharpening (any day now, after I watch once again all of Jon's relevant videos, at least one of Rick's, etc., and my set of Dave's DVDs), and (2) I haven't felt comfortable using any of my good knives yet until I feel confident I can resharpen them, or at least touch them up as needed. Larry

Back