Quantcast
Nice pair in Damascus and a San mai Santoku - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nice pair in Damascus and a San mai Santoku

Hi will, nice to see you over here
    I can't wait for my petty to be finished (the one in the pics was nearly mine)
    The guys here would be my number 1 recommendation for any knife questions, they are great people with immense knowledge.
    In terms of handles, please don't use the ones from Dick, after producing excellent knives it is a shame not put a handle on them to match....it will affect the prices people will be willing to pay as well IMO especially if you are selling to people not used to Japanese Ho handles.

And to everyone else reading, I'll put a review of the petty up when it arrives, feel free to make any requests or ask any questions when I do, i sketched the profile so I'm hoping it functions how I intended it too.....

Some pics of the santoku with a lacewood and ebony handle with some of Will's mokume as an endcap.

In the top pic next to a Carter with a Stefan handle in koa, my current reference point for rehandling....

I made it a little chunkier as I have largish hands but the balance point is just still just in front of the handle

Thanks Man, there is just sooo much to drink in on here its great. You'll be pleased to hear I swapped a couple of my prototype blades for a disc sander. I have a busy weekend, got a good few more blades done and turned out a nice tapered octagonal handle prototype. So I will not be using dicks any more. They will just be a single piece of wood, but this one feels great and looks really nice I think with the blade I matched it with. Got some nice burls on the way to play with. Also squashed and patterned a chunk of Mokume today, so yours will be with you shortly, just a final polish and an etch.
    Atb Will