Quantcast
How do you guys do it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys do it?

So much respect for you pros.

I work in an office setting where I'm the designated cookout guy. Beats me up to. Typically I dont want to eat after.

But, I also worked on a fishing boat in Alaska processing pollack. Had to look at a candlelight fillet table for 16 hrs a day. Your body gets used to the motion and the angles.

I find it amazing what people in the kitchen endure and the foods they make. Glad to have them around.

Quote Originally Posted by brianh View Post
    So much respect for you pros.
    Big plus 1!

I'm with Brianh!! I cook for those I love only.

I appreciate those of you who love it and do it for far less than most would ever believe.

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain
    brianb

we're insane.

Yea. That too.
    brianb

I'm hyper active and most cod I know are I can think of no other environment that gets me through my day I love it horrible hours and feeding the masses and ask that being said I wouldn't wish this life on my worst enemy

Its a mixture of loyalty to your coworkers. A desperation about making sure you've produced something good. An arrogance that you actually know what is best. And a belief that all the ********; lost hours of family and friends, self doubting, and just the slightest flame of hope that you've made a positive impact on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone.johnson View Post
    In all seriousness; pro cooking, be it exec chef or sautée jockey, is much like being a pro athlete. It takes years of training to become mentally and physically strong to go to work everyday and take care of business. And like a pro athlete when you don't do it for a little while you relapse.
    Unlike pro athletes, we get paid ****, work injured, don't have a union, and our season is 365 days long.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

As in all professions, just because you do something doesn't make you special. What makes you special is what you do with it.

I know a lot of DB cooks.