• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tilman Leder Niolox Wa-Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB1968

Reaction score
260mm on the edge
Right hand asymmetric convex grind
Niolox steel
Lightly used in home environment
Never sharpened (never had to, awesome steel)

$650US + shipping

Tilman specs
OAL 422mm
Cutting edge 260mm
Height at heel 52mm
234 grams
2.8mm at heel
2.0mm half way
.7mm 1cm from tip
Balance point at makers mark

Maybe sharing the handle material with us would accelerate the sales of this beauty!?

I believe the wood is Amboyna burl, ferrule and end cap in two tone horn with nickel silver spacer.

I have one in the works, otherwise I would have definitely got this. The buyer is going to be a happy man!

For those not familiar with Tilman Leders work there have been previous reviews on the forum tk59 has done a nice review,he makes extremely functional knives and the steel and HT is very nice, the reson for selling this knife is its just a tad long for a home cook, this knife would easily fit into the workhorse category at 234 grams with very good toughness, no chipping issues here.
This knife also comes with the saya as per the photos.
Any questions feel free go contact.

I still come back and eye hump this one.
Is Tilman still making knives?

Amazed that this one didn't sell at that price.
I sold almost all my knives because my Tilman is the one i only use.

No to side track this thread and man what a knife but does anyone have a website for Tilman ?
Really would consider getting one made, and very interesting if he is in Germany.

Every time this thread pops up I get excited thinking this knife is available!

Back