Fun & Great Weekend

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Magnus

Reaction score
This weekend has been awsome, great relaxing time with friends.

Friday.
Started at friend's house by jaming on guitars and record some music in his home studio.
Later we decided to cook something new so we grabed what was growing in his garden (Tarragon). I have only used it for chicken and fish before. And we wanted to try it with beef cuz it felt like a fun challenge. So i made a sauce based on fresh tarragon,white wine,cognac,Veal broth,fresh garlic,onion,cream,butter & ground black pepper.
We made this dish into a pasta dish with shredded Sirlion steak.
Man did it turn out good. :)

IMG_20140815_201605_zps71350467.jpg

Later when sun started to go down we headed out to a Lagun to fish for some pike and drink beer on a bridge deck.
I cought a smal pike that gave a ok fight (seen on the pic) Took off like a torpedo again when i throwed it back. One of my friends also catched one abit smaler. When it started to get darker we headed back and finished the beer drinking :)

gaumldda_zpscf34b9b0.jpg

Saturday.

Alot like the friday, we made music, had some beer,rom,wine,drinks and so on :)
Once again back to the Lagun when the sun was going down. This time i focus on catching some Perch.
I got five and thruw back one smal. The other four a friend wanted to put in the pan with a light breading and lots of butter.

(don't mind friend's Global lol)
20140816_220520_resized_zps5ae2107e.jpg

IMG_20140816_233733_zpsd8fa1222.jpg

I wish every weekend could be this relaxing and fun.​

That is some fine fish. What was the pike about 5-6 pounds. Nice looking perch. I like my fish in corn flour for frying. Your pasta dish looks good.

That is some fine fish. What was the pike about 5-6 pounds. Nice looking perch. I like my fish in corn flour for frying. Your pasta dish looks good.

Thanks! Yes your right on the money. its a 6 pounder. the 3 bigger perch was around 1.5 poundish.

Fishing is always nice! :) tonights fight another fun pike at 2.7kg

Back