• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 270mm Fowler Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
This is a little bit of a weird one. I sold a knife, and as part of the deal I got this one in return. When it arrived to me, there were customs fees of close to 200$ attached to it, so I returned it to the original owner. Cue 6 months of being in transit, returned back to me, with the same customs fees twice, and then finally arriving back literally a day before we were going to try get the cash back through insurance.

Obviously because of this, I've never handled the knife. I can't offer any input on this particular knife, but I believe it was part of a pass around quite a while ago that a few members here were part of, and maybe they recognise it and can chime in on it, or PM me so that I can tell people.

The original guy in the states has taken the pictures, and also will get me any measurements, pictures etc that you guys need. He would be listing it himself to avoid the middleman issue, but he hasn't got enough posts.

I am told it has a small crack in the ferrule, and I am waiting for a picture of that. I can't see it on any of the pictures, but it is there.

This one will be shipped from inside the states. I'm looking for 300$ shipped and insured, but right now I'm very, open to offers. I thought this one was MIA, and kind of wrote off the cash so anything is a bonus.

http://imgur.com/a/u59A9

Wow! You are far more patient than I could ever be. What a fiasco.

What is the steel? Handle material?

Steel is 52100. Thought that I'd mentioned that. Not sure on the handle material, I'll find out.

Let me know if this falls through, i will be in the UK next week and we can work out a good deal without any major shipping costs

This ones back on the market. Welshstar, if your interested that's fine but the knife is in the states so the shipping would be what it is.

New owner ought to love it. According to one of his assistants Murray C. really likes Fowler's work.

I really rate Fowlers knives. I've only had one, but it's one of the only ones I would buy back in a heartbeat if I saw it up for sale.

This one is sold now folks.

Back