Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anova is on it's way, what first?

I am doing some hard-boiled eggs right now with my sainsaire. It has been a half year since I got it, and I am just now finding time to tinker with some of my toys. Right now I am trying out things with my iSi whip and Sansaire.

Btw, when some of you suggest an egg at a certain temp, how long are you cooking it. I have been looking at the doug baldwin info and the egg yolk texture changes over time. So a 62.5 degree egg is different at 45 minutes and 2 hours.

With that said, what are some favorite temp/timing combos for hard boiled eggs? Modernist cooking likes 71 degrees, Serious Eats likes 73.9. Any experienced hard-boiled egg makers out there?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

For 62.5 eggs, I cook for an hour.
    brianb

Btw, I have been looking into this egg timer from Chef Steps. Baldwin developed it for them.

Egg timer.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Btw, I found the 71 degrees for an hour to have just a bit too soft of egg whites, though they tasted amazingly creamy. Using the ChefSteps timer, I did four of the eggs at 85 degrees for 14m 28s. They were perfect. This will be my new hard boiled egg method.

k.