Quantcast
Blue #2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue #2

I prefer white #2 due to the fact I think it sharpens up "razor" sharp much easier. That being said, I own more blue #2 than any other steel, mostly for the fact that it holds an edge much longer than white #2. Example: white #2, sharpened to my liking, used a full day on the line and during production, would probably have to do some maintenance work on the edge daily. Blue #2 maybe edge maintenance weekly or twice a week. Additionally, I have a SS clad blue #2 kiritsuke that never comes out of the work rotation. Hope this helps.

Al

Thats the stuff I was hopping to learn. Thanks for the info Chef!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Definitely like the vintage sab san mai idea btw and I love blue #2 for my workhorse knives as it keeps an edge for longer which is ideal when you have a lack of time to sharpen/maintain everyday.

OK guys.. I secured the steel. But was only able to get a very limited amount. Anyone wanting to get on my list and would like the Blue2 Shoot me a message or email. I have enough steel to do 3 to 5 knives depending on what they are. WA or Westerns. 210 or 300mm etc.

Im looking forward to this and will be starting on the Heat treat testing as soon as the stuff arrives! Like any steel we use for cutting tools. Its all about the Heat Treat. So I will mad scientist the stuff until Im happy with the results! Then ITS ON!!!

Chemistry
    C: 1.13
    SI: 0.16
    MN: .25
    P: 0.25
    S: 0.003
    CR: .040
    W: 1.13

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Anyone else want to get in on this BLUE 2 list?

So far 2 orders and a 3rd that I need to send over a quote to. Hang tight. I have not forgotten ya!

Availible Knives

I almost forgot about this billet. Its not Blue 2 but its worth letting everyone know that its available currently for a custom knife. San mai 416 SS over 1095 core. The billet is large enough for a 200mm western or around a 270mm Wa Anyone interested should message me or email.

Availible Knives

Blue #2 is in the house!!

Sadly I have so many things going at the moment. Its gona have to sit for a few and wait. But I will start some HT testing with it on my next round of blades. and follow up as I can until I am confident I have tuned in the HT on the stuff. Then its GAME ONE!

Availible Knives