Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Stainless Wa Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzardborn

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience with it? It looks like brother to Sakai Yusuke and Gessin Ginga (both out of stock sadly) and in similar price range.

Also - what other Sakai made stainless lasers are out there in the wild? I seem to have fallen in love with them recently and want to buy one soon.

Ikkanshi Tadatsuna from aframes , Konosuke from Tosho , these are all well regarded lasers

There were some brand new Ichimonji on BST as well , Definetely worth checking

Mizuno Tanrenjo makes a Swedish stainless layzor. Used to be quite pricy, but others have got more expensive while they have stayed the same price. Will also make to custom length (or at least would a couple of years back).

Surprised no-one has mentioned the Suisin Inox Honyaki yet. At one time it was either SIH or Tad.

My Takamura R2 is pretty lazerish but the biggest size is only 210mm

Lizzardborn, if you get your hands on Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan series knife please post a review... I was interested in it, but could not find too much in regards :(

A work colleague has the Fu rin ka zan 240 gyuto in Swedish stainless.

I haven't handled it nor sharpened it myself but he's happy with it it in terms of edge retention , ease of sharpening & ability to take an edge. Profile & geometry seems very much like a kono hd.
In terms of fit and finish the kangi is stamped which is kind of off putting for me. Otherwise pretty good. The spine and choil OOTB are crazy polished.

I can post photos when I'm back at work in a few days

Back