Recipe notes, what do you use and how do you keep it organized?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erickso1

Reaction score
As I cook more things and begin to explore I find myself saving recipes and adding notes. What do you guys and gals use to store, organize and amend recipes and the like?

Personally I have cookbooks but mostly I cut and paste into word files and organize and save in Dropbox so I can access from any device.

I've been using the Paprika Recipe Manager app on my iPad for about a year now and am very satisfied with it. paprikaapp.com

I just use text files on my computer and have a good backup system...pretty low-tech....I've thought about synching that directory up to DropBox in order to improve access, but since I'm a home cook, doesn't buy me that much.

Kitchen Scratchpad from the people who write the Ideas In Food blog. I highly recommend this site and app. I usually add ideas and recipes and things while I'm at home on my computer, and then use the app on my phone to pull from while at work. I also use it to collaborate and share recipes with some former co-workers and friends in other states. Their books are pretty good too but that's another story.

My difficulty lies in separating my old hard copy recipes into categories. Meat or region? Is fried rice a carb or an entree? To make matters worse I had often printed my recipes on both sides of a sheet of paper.

I set up a private blog and update recipes and pictures.

Back