Hi from the UK.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iliria

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is ilir and I'm from UK.

I am new to the world of high quality knives and "stumbled" upon it through research whilst upgrading my cookware to cast iron (Staub, LeCreuset).

At the moment I own a chef's, santoku, carving and utility knives. They are low end I'm affraid (for those from UK they are Tesco's own Professional range) and according to the packaging they are made from Japanese MoV stainless steel. Considering that I've always used cheap rubbish knives before I was quite impressed with the sharpness.

Anyway, I bought all the cast iron pans and thought to upgrade the knives as well so I'm glad I came across this forum. :)

Welcome aboard, and as the old saying goes, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"

Welcome. Still pretty new myself, though I have already ordered a couple knives past a couple of "starter" knives, and have gotten into sharpening on waterstones.

I see your other post asking for suggestions, and you did come to the right place. There is a lot of knowledge debated and shared here. Although it is odd coming to a knife nut forum for advice....it gets easy to rationalize some purchases that your friends might look at you a bit funny for.

Welcome!! Make sure you have deep pockets... These are addictive haha

Back