Cast Iron Tea Kettle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello!
Since there were a few inquiries in the past for a cast iron tea kettle, I wanted to let everyone know that Korin will be carrying one.

This cast iron tea kettle will be stove top friendly and available in early to mid-October. I currently do not have the price for it, but I will let you know as soon as it comes in.

oigen01.jpg

I love these tea kettles...gorgeous Mari!

Thanks! I'm excited for these. :D

The size is 8.5"L x 7"W x 5"H and holds 60.9oz

Thanks for the update Mari! Is this one not on the website yet?

Thanks!

Thanks Mari! I did a search for it and couldn't find it then got sidetracked by a pretty knife. :D

Mari,
Is the wall thin or thick? Never see one and wonder.

Mari,
Is the wall thin or thick? Never see one and wonder.

Hi! Sorry, I didn't notice this post until right now. Yes the wall is pretty thin for a cast iron kettle. It's very smooth and unlike most cast iron products are not coated with paint. Each product has a natural oil finish of flaxseed oil and edible Japanese bamboo charcoal. The cast iron also is baked at a very very high temperature, so the Oigen cast iron products can withstand and retain higher temperatures in use.

Will the water taste different? Not to offend, but just tempted to try.

Will the water taste different? Not to offend, but just tempted to try.

Um probably not much, if it does at all. I haven't used it, so I can't tell you for sure. When you boil water in it, it raises the iron content in your water. I don't think you'll taste anything unless you boil water in it then let it cool.

Why doesn't (or does it?) this teapot rust? My cast iron dutch oven rusts easily if neglected, despite good seasoning.

Why doesn't (or does it?) this teapot rust? My cast iron dutch oven rusts easily if neglected, despite good seasoning.

It will rust if you don't take care of it properly, but the natural oil finish of flaxseed oil and edible Japanese bamboo charcoal helps to prevent rusting.

Back