Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masashi-Kobo knives

I have liked the knife a lot ,it was a great bang for the buck with the saya , fit and finish and the good factory edge . It was described as semi mirror finish and came with full mirror polish where the stainless cladding started scratching easy and i liked heftier knives , that was the reason i sold it , it's a god knife , I would still recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by chefcomesback View Post
    I have liked the knife a lot ,it was a great bang for the buck with the saya , fit and finish and the good factory edge . It was described as semi mirror finish and came with full mirror polish where the stainless cladding started scratching easy and i liked heftier knives , that was the reason i sold it , it's a god knife , I would still recommend it
    Yeah, I wanted to add something like that if somebody sells a knife, it doesn't mean that its a bad knife, when writing my first post, but that idea seemes to me to be too complicated for my English at that moment...A nice example for that phenomenon might be Huw alias Von blewitt who sells some excellent knives almost every week:-)..

Thanks for the replies chaps; sorry for necro-ing an old post but I could find few recent descriptions about the M-K knives. I like the sound of the knives but the maintenance required to keep the mirror finish 'up to scratch' gives me pause for thought. Not being a professional chef, I don't know how much time I could be bothered devoting to keeping the knife looking as good as it could (which seems a shame for such a stunning looking knife OOTB).

Apologies for reviving this thread but do you offer the Masashi SLD with a handle upgrade (Enju/horn or others)?

Hey MrOli,

I tried emailing them for something else and was told by Janatte the wife of the owner that her husband had passed away earlier in the year and in the meantime the business will be on hold. not sure if she will continue it in the future