• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Heiji Kurouchi 150mm Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

droshi

Reaction score
Here she is! Selling because my wife finds it difficult to care for the steel. I feel it doesn't react too quickly with a patina, but after a sharpening it takes some care until the patina builds. I don't find the cutting edge to be very reactive, my guess is that it could be a semi-stainless, but the cladding seems to be a carbon steel. I could be wrong, it's just a guess. But it cuts like a dream, scary sharp. I've only touched up the edge twice, and used some finger stones to polish a couple times.

Actual cutting edge: 155mm heel to tip. Comes with a very nice fitting saya pictured, clicks together when finally inserted and no play when closed. Ask for any other pictures, these ones aren't the best, hard to capture the edge well without it looking funny, but it looks great in person. I'll try to get a better camera and take good pictures.

Asking $325 shipped to lower 48.

Based on more info, my price is a bit off, dropping to $250 shipped.

price drop to $225

Also, someone had mentioned to me in a PM that this blade is likely carbon/carbon. I bought it from another KKF member, so not sure the exact composition.

Also interested to trade for another petty. Looking at the Gesshin Ginga 180mm or something similar.

bump, it's a very nice knife, just requires extra care as it's carbon steel. Will entertain any stainless petty trade, or best cash offer.

Wife has decided to keep trades just to the Ginga or very similar. She's used that knife before and seems to really like. Thanks for all trade offers to those so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back