Vintage <ALM8> Carbon 8" Chef Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixCats

Reaction score
Hi all,

Might anyone own/ever heard of a brand of Knife called : ALM8 Chef Knife ? The ALM8 figures are stamped into the Wood handle with the ALM8 inside a Diamond type logo. This is a pretty sweet knife with a full tang which tappers to a thin tang. The blade is thinner than my Sabatier. This knife has a three rivet (Wood) handle and an eight inch Carbon Blade. OAL is just under 13.5" long. Sorry I'm unable to post pictures at this time. Thanks for any information.

Regards,
SixCats!

Hi again,

Upon second thought.....I can NOT be sure the lettering reads ALM8. It could be ALMO, ALME, AEM? I've tried searching many combos but, nothing comes up/close. I suspect it is either a vintage FRENCH make or perhaps the Landers "French" copy. It sure looks VERY close to the pixs of the two knives in the above provided links.

Regards,
SixCats!

Hi all,

I found this today doing a Google search : "This one is an old French made chef knife sold under the brand name ACME in the USA between the late 1940s and early 1960". Overall length is 17&#8243; 1/4 inches, 11&#8243; 1/4 of that being blade. scales (handles) are very nice and clean. Blade is razor sharp. Blade is marked Acme Quality first France Trademark).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.530192067104273.1073742121.415802828543198&type=1

While this knife does NOT look the same as the knife I purchased, I guess there was in fact a FRENCH made Chef Knife being sold in the U.S. under the name ACME. Too Cool!

Regards,
SixCats!

Is this Mr Turner the "brunoise"-guy that sells French full tang blanks telling they are perhaps 100 years old? And repeats the hoax about recycled steel makers are supposed to use today?

Hi Benuser,

I don't know if this is the Mr. Turner you mentioned or not. Did you click on the FB link ? The "Cast Iron" guy ?

SixCats!

Again, French pre-WW1 full-tang?? Rather unlikely. Expect rat-tail tangs instead.
I guess these blanks are from the fifties.

Latest posts

Back