Sous Vide Pork belly sous vide

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rami_m

Reaction score
What can i do to flavor the pork? Do I need to brine? I don't have the time to brine before people come visiting Friday night.

What should I do?

Vac it with some aromatics like garlic clove, shallot and herbs like thyme and rosemary. Make a sachet of chinese 5 spice with star anise, cinnamon, clove, allspice, ginger, coriander and black peppercorn. Okay that's 7 spices. Top it off by adding evoo or duckfat. Yeah, that's pretty win.

Vac it with some aromatics like garlic clove, shallot and herbs like thyme and rosemary. Make a sachet of chinese 5 spice with star anise, cinnamon, clove, allspice, ginger, coriander and black peppercorn. Okay that's 7 spices. Top it off by adding evoo or duckfat. Yeah, that's pretty win.

Thanks a lot Rick. How long should I cook for and what temp?

Unless your using a pro chamber vac you'll need to add 6 hours to that. A house hold sealer doesn't reduce the pressure as much so more time is necessary.

Forgot about this.

The food was eaten too quick for me to take photos. Everyone was stuffed that day. Happy with the results. Only issue is that it needed more salt.

Unless your using a pro chamber vac you'll need to add 6 hours to that. A house hold sealer doesn't reduce the pressure as much so more time is necessary.

I've used both types of machines and never noticed any difference in cooking time. And why 6 hours?

Forgot about this.

The food was eaten too quick for me to take photos. Everyone was stuffed that day. Happy with the results. Only issue is that it needed more salt.

I like to brine my bellies before bagging and sv'ing them.

Back