Hello from the east coast USA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drawman623

Reaction score
I'm as new as a newbie can be here on the forum. The joy of owning and using fine kitchen knives is a recent discovery for me, and I am a home cook, not a professional. That said, I have collected investment grade billiard cues and studied cuemaking for many years. Comparing the two disciplines, I find they both produce functional art. Both skills take many years to learn and a lifetime to master, and both are richly steeped in tradition, yet are also cross cut by modern technology. I am a newbie but in this limited way, I feel quite at home with my fascination here. I look forward to meeting you and learning much about proper method "on the boards." -Gian

My beginnings:

Zwilling Four Star chef knife, fillet knife and cleaver
Kai Shun Classic Nakiri and boning knife
Hiromoto Tenmi-Jyuraku Damascus Santoku 180mm
Hattori HD 5 Santoku 170mm(in shipment)

Welcome aboard. Hang on to your wallet.

Welcome to the forum Gian. Will trade knife knowledge for Narragansett Beer and Autocrat Coffee.

I didn't expect to be known by anyone in this forum...surprise it is a small world. But then again the mods have omniscience!

I intend to act on my interest in fine knives and welcome suggestions from all. Consider for a moment being able to do it all over again. The market is current but your knife block is empty and you have no good or bad habits established. Where would you start as far as resources to learn and items to acquire?

I'll make an appropriate thread on this elsewhere, but I want to thank all for the welcome and opportunity to learn.

Yes now you all have a friend in Rhode Island...land of Narragansett Beer and Autocrat Coffee Syrup. Let the stampede of export requests begin!:scratchhead:

Latest posts

Back