Howdy from Austin, Texas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxChef77

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been lurking here for the past few months, but figured I should finally introduce myself.

I went to culinary school and was a cook at various places during G the mid to late 90s, but haven't been in that life for almost 15 years now. I still cook almost daily and love being in my kitchen. Now days most of my time is spent in front of a computer or sifting through engineering drawings for substations.

I have been using the same set of F. Dick knives for close to 20 years now. I was gifted a Wusthof Classic 8" chefs about a decade ago and it has been my primary knife for the most part since then.

I think I am ready for an across the board update. I have already decided on the Chef's knife replacement from a local custom maker named Travis Weige, but have about a years wait before delivery. Sadly my budget will not allow me to utilize him for every knife and I will be needing help Sorting through the myriad options for off the shelf replacements.

Looking forward to chatting more with you gents in the near future.

Welcome! Travis is a real nice guy and I look forward to seeing his finished work.

I stumbled across Travis's website before I found KKF - not sure how that happened:). Liked his knives and his prices but didn't end up getting any because I thought he needed a bit more time under his belt. That's been a couple of years now so maybe it's time to look again. Really liked his flexibility as far as ordering what you want/ You need to post photos once you get one, in a year, wow!

Enjoy KKF!!!

I'm far from an expert, but they looked pretty amazing to me. Certainly nicer than anything I had handled before, but I haven't seen his progression from a few years ago to know how much they may have improved.

Back