pig haiku......

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgraypots

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys know that a pig's orgasm lasts roughly 30 minutes. If not, yeah, scope it out. (play on words there) Anyway, I write the occasional, westernized version of haiku, and wrote one about pig sex.....

orgasmic hours
the life of a pig is bliss
then there's the bacon

THAT is the weirdest haiku ever.

Ok maybe not ever, but it's certainly a record for KKF.

In the words of Harold McGee:
"some of the muscles biochemical machinery survives intact, in particular the enzymes that break flavorless peroteins down into savory peptides and amino acids, which over the course of months may convert a third of more of the meat protein to flavor molecules. The concentration of mouth-filling, meaty glutamic acid rises ten- to twenty-fold, and as in cheese, so much of the amino acid tyrosine is freed that it may form small white crystals. In addition, the unsaturated fats in pig muscle break apart and react to form hundreds of volatile compounds, some of them characteristic of the aroma of melon, apple, citrus, flowers, freshly cut grass, and butter. Other compounds react with the products of protein breakdown to give nutty, caramel flavors normally found only in cooked meats(concentration compensates for the subcooking temperature)."

Well doggone, I thought for sure 30 minute orgasms had something to do with it. Live and learn :)

Thanks Vertigo! I gotta get a new light tent and lights though. My latest pics do the Dyson.

Latest posts

Back