Finishing Stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designdog

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am looking for a finishing stone to use following my ******** 2k. I have the Snow White and the Chosera 8 and 10k, but I am looking for a natural stone, or one that feels like a natural, at least (as the ******** does.)

Sharpening mostly carbon, some Ginsan, no SS. Knives by Mizuno Tanrenjo, Suisin (Carbon) Kato, TF, Takeda, Anyru, Masamoto, Masakage, Kikuichi,

Any help appreciated. I want to use these two stones for touch up, mostly.

Hello all.

I am looking for a finishing stone to use following my ******** 2k. I have the Snow White and the Chosera 8 and 10k, but I am looking for a natural stone, or one that feels like a natural, at least (as the ******** does.)

Sharpening mostly carbon, some Ginsan, no SS. Knives by Mizuno Tanrenjo, Suisin (Carbon) Kato, TF, Takeda, Anyru, Masamoto, Masakage, Kikuichi,

Any help appreciated. I want to use these two stones for touch up, mostly.

Don't know why the brand name of the stone is blocked -I am not selling anything! Anyway, it is the bamboo line, if that helps...

If you are thinking 8k grit, you might want to consider an Imanishi Kitayama semi-synthetic stone. These are reputed to contain ground natural stone along with synthetic grit. Mine works nicely for woodworking tools and carbon steel knives -- I only have one asian knife, and that's an inexpensive hand worked Korean "cow knife" -- rough as all get out, but has a very thin and keen edge. The Kitayama puts a very nice shine on it and the edge seems to be holding very well. Sharpest knife I have.

I haven't tried it with my 440C Chicago Cutlery knives, I stop at a synthetic aoto for those.

Peter

Back