• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Devin 270 San Mai

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Really hate to let this one go...

Custom Devin San Mai
San Mai with PM core
270MM; 55MM height at heel
Spine: 3MM at heel; .6MM at tip

Handle: Snakewood by Devin
I don't need to praise this one

$950 shipped to Con-US

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

I'm so happy that's not a 240, but I concur Holy sugar snap peas!!

While a 270 is a 270 in length; I only use 240's, and one 250. I have been using this for 10 months and it's very close to the nimbleness of my 250; combination of lightness and profile just make it extremely flexible.

And not just saying this Cause I want to sell; cause I really don't want to...

I've handled a Devin 270 Damascus and it is pretty darn nimble. Felt like a 250

Holy smokes. I love my 270 itk but this is too much

What a gorgeous knife. If it were 250 or 240mm I think it would have sold in minutes. It's too big for me, and I still am trying to find ways to convince myself to buy it..

+1 here ... just know I would probably regret it (home cook after all) but then I would not be able to sell it either ... sorta just keep looking at it say "my precious"! GLWS - it should be used and be used well!

What a gorgeous knife. If it were 250 or 240mm I think it would have sold in minutes. It's too big for me, and I still am trying to find ways to convince myself to buy it..

Someone please snap this up! I have an ITK and a san mai, and the san mai does everything the ITK well even better. Better food release, less stiction, great geometry, etc. Plus the handle alone is worth some $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back