Media Tojiro Bread Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
The best bread knife in the world!!

[video=youtube;dvNs4zB6zXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvNs4zB6zXg[/video]

Every day someone in my kitchen asks to borrow this knife.

For years I have done the horizontal cut trick on an entire pint of grape tomatoes. At my new job when we first got g.toms in this summer, someone offered to show me a trick to cutting them. I politely let them show their "trick" of getting 2 deli style quart container lids, putting one on the cutting board with the lip up, filling the lid with 10 or so tomatoes, then putting the second inverted lid on top of it it, inserting knife in the gap and sawing away. Yeah, that is similar to how I cut them. Dump out whole pint, corral them, slice all at once. People were blown away like I just introduced them to fire.

How often do you sharpen yours?

Too bad it's only sold on Marks site. I'm not buying from him.

That's not the same knife. The new Tojiro bread knife is a copy of the Mac bread knife. And yes, that seller is legit.

I don't know, looks like the same knife and steel.

It's has the same product number too F-687

It should be the same knife.

I've corrected the link.

JC was correct originally I had posted to the DP tojiro knife rather than the MV. But should be fixed now for anyone who wants to buy it.

I use my Ashi gyuto on bread and fail to see why I should go looking for a serrated bread knife, Seems like a sharp chef's knife goes through bread just as well.

-AJ

Sweet croutonhiki.

Haha!

I use my Ashi gyuto on bread and fail to see why I should go looking for a serrated bread knife, Seems like a sharp chef's knife goes through bread just as well.

-AJ

It is nice to have a beater utility knife that's edge holds up to anything. If you ever have to cut a ton of really crusty bread, or old bread for panzanella or croutons, you will appreciate a good bread knife.

Back