240mm Damascus Kato stolen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tosho

Reaction score
Unfortunately we just lost a 240mm Damascus Kato Gyuto to theft today.
If anyone finds this knife for sale in the future we would really appreciate it if you let us know.
Thanks a lot everyone!

theft in store or via online business? That sucks... sorry the hear this. We had some really small things stolen from our venice location ones... added a **** ton of security cameras thereafter.

That's awful. Nothing but bad karma for the thief. I wouldn't dream of cutting anything with a stolen knife. I hope it gets returned.

It was in-store, It looks like we are going to have to get some cameras.

theft in store or via online business? That sucks... sorry the hear this. We had some really small things stolen from our venice location ones... added a **** ton of security cameras thereafter.

That is the worst. I'm sorry people are terrible.

That's terrible! A picture or example picture would be helpful in eliminating false positives since the ones sold by Tosho and JNS have different profiles I think?

costco or sams club both sell excellent inexpensive store camera security systems, I use one at my store.

What happened to you really sucks. you should check out the bay and craigs list to see if somebody is trying to sell it, does it have some mark you can use to identify it if you track down a similar knife for sale?

Did they just snatch and grab? How do you hide something that size?

I am sorry about the loss. Hopefully the knife will be recovered, and the thief will get to do some time.

Jay

That Damascus pattern is like a fingerprint isn't it? If you have a high resolution version of the knife photo, it should be easy to identify if it pops up online.

What a shame. Some people are just F****in ********. I've been to Tosho store and "grab and run" case scenario is quite possible. Very small but very nice shop with the knifes at open display.
I hope you will get the knife back.

As for the cameras goes, Lorex is nice choice, Canadian based company.

Thank you, We will definitely get some cameras installed. As for the damascus, yes it is a fingerprint, and that should dissuade them from selling it online, but who knows?

People can really stink. Is there anything that would help us identify it vs any other 240 kato?

Terrible news. Hope you'll be able at least to get the knife back. Better would be grabbing the culprit and use the Kato on him a bit... Nothing serious, just nail clipping and such.

Damn, that's terrible

I've visited the shop before I gotta say, with all those expensive knives on open display, it's not that difficult to just grab and run. Can't trust anybody these days

Back