Ealy Hammer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to show you guys a project that Delbert and I did the last time i went to visit him. It is a japanese style forging hammer. Made from 4140 heat treated and tempered to around 52rc by best guess. Weighing in at almost 5lbs on the dot, she is a beast. Just finished the handle last night, it is Honey Locust. Hope you guys enjoy.
2011-07-12_03-18-20_220.jpg

2011-07-12_03-22-07_354.jpg

2011-07-12_03-18-52_630.jpg

Sorry for my lack of cleanliness...it was a long night of cleaning metal dust out of the shop...In nasty heat and high humidity lol...I felt like a dirt magnet..

Enjoy!!!:bladesmith:

I figured it fitting to take it with me to Del's on the 24th and break her in RIGHT! We have chatted about a few new projects, and i think she will fit into that equation just fine :)

Nice hammer Mike!

Wait..........That does not sound right:slaphead:

Nice, but when you get up to 5 pounds, it should have a motor and a coil spring attached to it somewhere.:lol2:

Nice, but when you get up to 5 pounds, it should have a motor and a coil spring attached to it somewhere.:lol2:

You need to buy tickets to the gun show if you wanna watch him use it :viking:

:rofl::headbonk:

Back