Anyone is US order from Metal Master?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaninMD

Reaction score
Placed an order last week and was wondering if anyone in the US has ordered from them before? just curious how long it typically takes to make its voyage over here.

It will probably be two to three weeks. And in my experience they won't respond to any questions about the shipment. But it'll get there.

It will probably be two to three weeks. And in my experience they won't respond to any questions about the shipment. But it'll get there.

ah, ok, thanks sir. and yes, no response on shipping like you said.

thanks guys. im at day 10 right now, so fingers crossed for a delivery

Had similar experience, mine took 5 weeks. tried to email them and they wont responded, so i filed complain through pp. and finally they responded and provided me with tracking#

MetalMaster is a very nice vendor, I trust him a lot.:happymug:

knife arrived today. 3 weeks, 1 day. just a FYI for those considering ordering from them - pay the extra $4 and get the faster shipping! its so hard waiting on a knife in the mail, haha.

my only experience with them was ordering a whetstone. I chose the slow option and it took about 3 weeks (I live in the SF Bay Area) and it was not possible to track down where the package was but it finally arrived, brand new, well packaged and in perfect shape. I was very pleased with the ordering process, the priced paid (the whetstone was hard to find an more expensives in all other places) and the recived package. I would not hesitate to order again from them, although I probably would opt for the faster shipping option.

I ordered a 270mm Tanaka Gyuto on 10/11 and have still not received it. I am approaching four weeks with no replies from Metal Master so I have opened a claim with Paypal. So far I have been disappointed with this process and will probably not order from him again. I will update when this situation finally gets resolved.

I have seen varying reports in shipping from mm, hope he gets the Ginsakano Tanaka back in soon

I placed an order on Oct 3rd, he shipped it on the 20th and I received it on the 24th (EMS shipping). He must have been away for something. When I previously ordered from him, he shipped it within a day and I had the package in my hands 3 days later.

I placed an order on Oct 3rd, he shipped it on the 20th and I received it on the 24th (EMS shipping). He must have been away for something. When I previously ordered from him, he shipped it within a day and I had the package in my hands 3 days later.

I chose the EMS option as well, because of my past experience with JCK (average 3 days to get here from Japan). Did you receive a shipping confirmation from Metal Master? I just checked my email including the spam folder and have received nothing other than the confirmation that he received my payment.

I chose the EMS option as well, because of my past experience with JCK (average 3 days to get here from Japan). Did you receive a shipping confirmation from Metal Master? I just checked my email including the spam folder and have received nothing other than the confirmation that he received my payment.

I had to contact him through his website; emailing him directly doesn't work quite as well in my experience. He was very apologetic and gave me the tracking information (at that point, the knife had not been shipped out yet). Give it a go and see what happens.

I had to contact him through his website; emailing him directly doesn't work quite as well in my experience. He was very apologetic and gave me the tracking information (at that point, the knife had not been shipped out yet). Give it a go and see what happens.

I too have tried contacting him via his website to no avail, he also has not responded to Paypal's requests, so I wonder if he's away from the "office."

I ordered a 270mm Tanaka Gyuto on 10/11 and have still not received it. I am approaching four weeks with no replies from Metal Master so I have opened a claim with Paypal. So far I have been disappointed with this process and will probably not order from him again. I will update when this situation finally gets resolved.

I ordered around the same time as you, I sent them three emails, he actually replied on October 22nd, apologized saying there was no stock and he would either refund me, or I wait two more weeks when new knives are finished. I opted to wait for 2 more weeks because I'm not in a rush. I haven't received the knife as of today, but I think it will eventually get here.

Oh, I sent him a message about 2weeks ago to find out about new stock of the Ginsakano Tanaka with no response

it does take a while and the suspense of not knowing sucked, but i was really happy with the knife. heard a lot about fit and finish on the tanaka knives but mine was great. good looking handle that was fit well the blade and the spine was eased as well as the choil. very nice knife for little money.

Well, Metal Master ignored the inquiries of Pay Pal and myself so now the charges have been reversed thanks to Pay Pal. I certainly hope everything is well with Metal Master. I can only say from my one experience that I was less than impressed with my knife buying venture with him. Just another reminder to keep the business local, as in with our local knife mongers here at KKF.

Well, Metal Master ignored the inquiries of Pay Pal and myself so now the charges have been reversed thanks to Pay Pal. I certainly hope everything is well with Metal Master. I can only say from my one experience that I was less than impressed with my knife buying venture with him. Just another reminder to keep the business local, as in with our local knife mongers here at KKF.

man I wonder if my knife will ever get here.. fingers crossed for before the month ends

youll get your knife. MM happens to be one of several Jknife suppliers that are bad with communication and often drag their feet with overseas orders.

youll get your knife. MM happens to be one of several Jknife suppliers that are bad with communication and often drag their feet with overseas orders.

and if he does get it, i hope he lets paypal know :)

Back