A new direction for me

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
This is something I have been working on for the past few weeks.
I have decided to start making some folding knives as well as the kitchen knives I am known for.

100_1655.jpg
100_1660.jpg
100_1663.jpg

This is model #1 and I will be working on variations of this in upcoming weeks.
For more information and how to order visit my website http://ealyknives.com/folding-knives/

Thanks,
Del

That Mokume is very cool Del. It's difficult to appreciate how much goes in to making it. Looking forward to seeing the other 2
This is something I have been working on for the past few weeks.
I have decided to start making some folding knives as well as the kitchen knives I am known for.

View attachment 24812
View attachment 24813
View attachment 24814

This is model #1 and I will be working on variations of this in upcoming weeks.
For more information and how to order visit my website http://ealyknives.com/folding-knives/

Thanks,
Del

Del,

Will you be doing any locking blades?

Thanks

Del,

Will you be doing any locking blades?

Thanks

I don't think so. That requires a higher level of skill and much more patience.
I started making these because they are perfectly suited to my current skills and abilities and I can make them without any major changes in equipment or materials. I also found out that they are a refreshing change from the kitchen knives. Not that I don't love the kitchen knives, but it is really cool that I can make a knife that I can carry around and show to others.
Del

These are cool looking, but I need a point on a pocket knife (well, that's not true: I need a point and a lock).

These are cool looking, but I need a point on a pocket knife (well, that's not true: I need a point and a lock).

I am working on designs that will include a point, but I don't think there will be a locking model of this design.
Del

I am working on designs that will include a point, but I don't think there will be a locking model of this design.
Del

You know, I hadn't looked at the dimensions, when I made that comment. It might be small enough to not need a lock, for intended uses. The more I look at the squared off blade design, the more I like it. It's not threatening, which these days might be a nice attribute to have in an EDC. That copper handle is sweet as hell, too.

I may have just figured out a way to make a locking version of this knife. It will need a bit more thought and I'll have to do a prototype or two to work out the details. All I can say is that inspiration sometimes comes from the strangest places.
Del

Great folders. Very cool.

Wanted to edit and add that the friction on the blades is enough that you shouldn't worry to much about the blade folding back in while using. I have other non-locking folders and the tension on those blades is definitely less then these.

Latest posts

Back