Greetings from German capital Berlin!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatKitch

Reaction score
Hello, everybody!

I'm a passionate chef (working as chef in a small restaurant with German food) and love good knives. I'm always ready to pay a few hundred dollars for really good knife (and did it already few times - but "pssst" to my wife ;-)!).

Heard a lot about this forum...and now I join the club. Just saw that here a a few members in the forum from Germany, too - good to know!

Best regards!

Herzlich willkommen und Gruss in die Hauptstadt!

Stefan

Welcome to KKF!
I just ate Schweizer Schnitzel and Spaetzle for lunch!
I've seen some nice knives from German makers, unfortunately I speak no German. I'd love to hear about some good makers. I know I love Gude knives, especially the damascus. It's just way out of my price range.

Good to have you on this forum. Enjoy because there is lots of good knowledge from members on this forum.

Welcome! Be careful, too much time here might drain the bank account. :biggrin:

Hey und Hallo.

Schön dass hier auch noch andere Deutsche umherwuseln.

Just asking - anyone knows some good 'small' knife marks from Germany/Europe to recommend?
As much as I like what I see here from overseas...I'd rather spend my money on knives than on shipping costs.
So something more close to Germany would be lovely.

I only know 'Hohenmoorer Manufaktur' so far when it comes to handmade and local...

Bye from Dresden
Mattai

Yes, welcome. I'd also be interested in the boutique end of the german knife makers.

Mattai, have you looked at www.messerforum.net? Much less friendly as a forum, but several of the makers there also make Kitchen knives. I don't have any but Juergen Schanz seems to be highly valued. There is also Tilman Leder in Heidelberg who used to post here and has made some excellent knives - trusting the comments here by people who know. But I am not sure he still makes any.

Stefan

Tilman is still making excellent knifes. I highly recommend his work.

Back